Parent of the Year
The Parent of the Year is awarded at our annual conference each year. The application can be found below. It can be submitted online or by mailing in a hard copy to the address found on the application.
To see last year's award's program, click here. 2020 Awards Program
Each year a parent who makes significant contributions of time, service and leadership to school will be acknowledged with this award. How the school in general and students in particular have benefited from the contributions of this individual must be explained in the nomination form.
- All OMLA schools are eligible to nominate a candidate.
- Individual may be nominated by a teacher or administrator.
- Previous recipients may not be nominated.
- The nomination form must include a description of how students in particular, have benefited from the contribution of the nominated parent.
Criteria for Evaluation of Nominations
- Each year a parent who makes significant contributions of time, service, and leadership to a school will be acknowledged with this award.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications and determine the award recipient.
- The selected Parent-of-the-Year will be recognized at the OMLA annual state conference.