Support Staff of the Year
School support staff play an important role in ensuring students are learning in a safe and supportive learning environment. Each year a support staff member who fosters positive, trusting relationships with staff, students and parents will be acknowledged with this award. Please provide details or evidence of the impact this individual has had on staff, students and the school community.
The Support Staff of the Year is awarded at our annual conference each year. The application can be found below. THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR THIS YEAR HAS PASSED. NEW APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON. You can submit an online application at this time.
- All OMLA schools are eligible to nominate a candidate.
- Individual may be nominated by a teacher or administrator.
- Previous recipients may not be nominated.
- The nomination form must include a description of the impact the individual has had on staff, students and the school community.
Criteria for Evaluation of Nominations
- Each year a support staff member who fosters positive, trusting relationships with staff, students and parents will be acknowledged with this award.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications and determine the award recipient.
- The selected Support Staff of the Year will be recognized at the OMLA annual state conference.