Support Staff of the Year
School support staff play an important role in ensuring students are learning in a safe and supportive learning environment. Each year a support staff member who fosters positive, trusting relationships with staff, students and parents will be acknowledged with this award. Please provide details or evidence of the impact this individual has had on staff, students and the school community.
The Support Staff of the Year is awarded at our annual conference each year. The application can be found below. It is due January 29, 2019.
Each year a parent who makes significant contributions of time, service and leadership to school will be acknowledged with this award. How the school in general and students in particular have benefited from the contributions of this individual must be explained in the nomination form.
- All OMLA schools are eligible to nominate a candidate.
- Individual may be nominated by a teacher or administrator.
- Previous recipients may not be nominated.
- The nomination form must include a description of how students in particular, have benefited from the contribution of the nominated parent.
Criteria for Evaluation of Nominations
- Each year a parent who makes significant contributions of time, service, and leadership to a school will be acknowledged with this award.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications and determine the award recipient.
- The selected Parent-of-the-Year will be recognized at the OMLA annual state conference.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2019