Student of the Year
The Student of the Year (male and female) wil be awarded at our annual conference. The application for the 2020 Student of the Year can be found below. Applicaitons can also be submitted electronically. Applications are due January 31, 2020.
Presented to one male and one femal student, the Student of the Year Award is intended to recognize young people who exemplify the best of our youth. Students are nominated by a m ember of the Ohio Middle Level Association.
All OMLA members are eligible to nominate a candidate.
The individual nominating the student may be a teacher, administrator or parent.
Nominee must be currently enrolled in an Ohio Middle Level School.
Criteria for Evaluation of Nominations
- Nominated students should demonstrate qualities of good citizenship and provide evidence of making a positive contribution to both the school and community.
- Student may receive the award only once.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications and determine the award recipient.
- The selected Student-of-the-Year will be recognized at the OMLA annual state conference.
- Awards will be a plaque and $500.00 savings bond for each student.