Middle School Component Awards
OMLA Middle School Component Awards
The application for 2019 Component Awards can be found below. The Component Awards are given out at our annual conference each year. The deadline to submit applications was January 29, 2019. The new application for the following year will be made available after our annual conference. The application for the 2020 Component Awards will be available soon.
The purpose of the Ohio Middle Level Association Component Award Recognition Program is to identify and recognize schools that have implemented middle school concept components in an exemplary manner. It is the intention of OMLA that the recognized programs will serve as models for aspiring educators and provide model resources for schools striving to develop, refine or polish components of their middle schools. Recognized schools are open for visitations and encouraged to give presentations at the annual OMLA State Conference.
Outstanding Middle School Component Awards are given in the following areas. Click on each area for individual applications:
- Advisor/ Advisee
- Interdisciplinary Curriculum
- Parent Involvement
- Service Learning
- Staff Development
- Student/Staff Recognition
- Schools that apply must be current OMLA Institutional Members.
- A school may apply for a component award in more than one area.
- A separate, specific application must be completed for each area if a school applies for a Component Award in more than one area.
- Applicant provides documentation that demonstrates exemplary practices in the specific Component Award area.
- Teaming must be building-wide, not just one team in the building, for a Teaming Component Award.
- A school that has received a component award cannot apply for a component award in the same area for the following two years.
- Applications must be received by the posted deadline.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications.
- Applicants which meet the criteria on paper are notified and a site-visitation team of OMLA members and/or consultants is scheduled to verify the middle level component practice.
- Component Awards will be recognized at the OMLA annual state conference.
IF you have any questions about these awards, please contact Lee Stockhausor Mike Kaufield.
Lima City Schools
1 Spartan Way
Lima, OH 45805
Teays Valley West Middle School
200 Grove Run Rd.
Commercial Point, OH 43116
Phone: 740-983-5000 or 614-877-4297