Staff and Student Recognition Award
OMLA Component Award Staff and Student Recognition
Application Deadline: Deadline Has Passed
Component Award Description
The recognition of students and staff represents an essential component of exemplary middle level education. The program should be consistent, systematic, and represent an integral part of the school’s social fabric. The purpose of the recognition program is to promote student and staff leaders who have earned the respect of the school community. This recognition is geared toward students and staff who display the qualities and characteristics that we hope to instill in others.
- Schools that apply must be current OMLA Institutional Members.
- A school may apply for a component award in more than one area.
- A school that has received a component award cannot be nominated for a component award in the same area for the following two years.
- Applications must be received by the posted deadline.
- Applicant provides documentation that demonstrates exemplary practices in the specific Component Award area.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications.
- Applicants that meet the criteria on paper are notified and a site-visitation team of OMLA members and/or consultants is scheduled to verify the middle level component practice.
- Recipients will be recognized at the state conference awards reception with a plaque honoring their accomplishment.
All criteria below must be addressed in the written application to be considered.
4 – Accomplished 3 – Proficient 2 – Developing 1 – Limited/No evidence
- Criterion 1 There is evidence the student and staff recognition is reflective of middle level philosophy.
- Criterion 2 The student/staff recognition program is effectively communicated, well understood, and there are numerous opportunities for stakeholders to publically recognize a variety of students and staff.
- Criterion 3 Recognition ceremonies are public in nature, well respected and received.
- Criterion 4 Awards and recognition are a vital part of school traditions and culture.
- Criterion 5 The process for recognizing students and staff involves all stakeholders, reflective of the middle level philosophy and democratic in nature.
Applications must be mailed or emailed to the addresses listed below by January 10, 2016.
Bridgetown Middle School
3900 Race Road
Cincinnati, OH 45211
Teays Valley West Middle School
200 Grove Run Rd.
Commercial Point, OH 43116
Phone: 740-983-5000 or 614-877-4297