Parent and Community Involvement Award
OMLA Middle School Component Awards
Application Deadline: Deadline Has Passed
Component Award Description
This award is given to a deserving middle level school that partners with parents and community to support and implement best middle level practice. To be considered for this award you must fill out an application as well as provide a written essay that addresses and provides evidence for all criteria below.
- Schools that apply must be current OMLA Institutional Members.
- A school may apply for a component award in more than one area.
- A school that has received a component award cannot be nominated for a component award in the same area for the following two years.
- Applications must be received by the posted deadline.
- Applicant provides documentation that demonstrates exemplary practices in the specific Component Award area.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications.
- Applicants that meet the criteria on paper are notified and a site-visitation team of OMLA members and/or consultants is scheduled to verify the middle level component practice.
- Recipients will be recognized at the state conference awards reception with a plaque honoring their accomplishment.
All criteria below must be addressed in the written application to be considered.
- Criterion 1 Ownership: Parents know and understand what their children are expected to do based on the school’s vision and curriculum.
- Criterion 2 Ongoing Communication: Student progress, concerns, and positive feedback is communicated routinely to parents in order to meet student and parent needs.
- Criterion 3 Diversity: Parent participation reflects the demographics of the student body and community.
- Criterion 4 Participation: Parent participation in the school is strong, particularly in academic programs.
- Criterion 5 Community Support: The school has established community, business, university, or agency partnerships that understand and support the school’s mission and vision.
Applications may be submitted online or sent to the address below
Bridgetown Middle School
3900 Race Road
Cincinnati, OH 45211
Teays Valley West Middle School
200 Grove Run Rd.
Commercial Point, OH 43116
Phone: 740-983-5000 or 614-877-4297